Instant Pot Mexican Pulled Beef
Mexican Pulled Beef has never been easier, just let your pressure cooker do the work! This is the perfect throw-together recipe for Taco Tuesday (or any night for that matter!)
- 5 lbs beef brisket (Flat Cap Butchers)
- Dried Chilies (Silk Road) – 2 Pasilla, 2 California, 2
- 2 Oranges (Panorama Orchards)
- 2 Limes (Cherry Pit)
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme (Cherry Pit)
- 1 small Onion, rough chopped (Cherry Pit)
- 3 cloves Garlic, rough chopped (Cherry Pit)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Silk Road)
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Silk Road)
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano (Silk Road)
- 1 litre Chicken Broth (Stock and Sauce)
- Salt and Pepper
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Heat chicken broth, add in dried chilies to reconstitute
- Cut brisket into strips approx 1.5 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper
- Sear brisket in batches to avoid over crowding in the Instant Pot on sauté function
- Add onion, garlic, herbs and spices into broth and heat to boil, turn off the heat. Blend mixture with immersion blender.
- Juice your oranges and limes. Add juice to the sauce mixture. Stir well.
- When brisket has been browned on all sides, deglaze the instant pot with a bit of the sauce mixture.
- Add brisket and remaining sauce into instant pot. Cook on Meat function for 40 mins. Natural release for 20 mins.
- Once beef has finished cooking, let cool. Then pull apart with two forks.
This beef is amazing in tacos. Try it with some crowd favourite toppings: cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeño – we could go on forever! Or you can serve it over tortilla chips and have the best nachos ever, the options are endless.