Peas & Pancetta
With bright and beautiful colours, this dish is an eye catcher for sure! Try it as a side dish, or eat it on its own for a simple meal.
- 2 lbs Peas, shelled (or 2-3 cups if using already shelled peas) (Edgar Farms from Innisfail Growers)
- 2 thick slices Pancetta, diced (Luc’s)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced (Cherry Pit)
- Parmigiano Reggiano to garnish (Luc’s)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice (Cherry Pit)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 bunch Pea Leaves (Innisfail Growers)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Saute pancetta in pan until browned and slightly crispy.
- Add peas and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until just cooked (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Remove off the heat, squeeze approximately 2 tsp lemon juice into the peas. Finish off by grating parmigiano reggiano over top.
If using pea leave, add them to the pan just after the pancetta is cooked and saute until just wilted before adding peas and garlic.